About Me

My photo
I love Jesus. I will forever sing of His love, though I know not its measure. His love for me comes with a price; but it's a price I'd be willing to pay all my life. With Him I've joy in my heart. Every single day, I am just too blessed. Now, my cup overflows. Oh and yes, if you know me very well, you'd know that Cheetos and baked penne are the food I could eat forever. I LOVE MY MOM, MY GIRLS, and MY OTHER HALF, ABE. <3

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Ladies are meant to be pursued and isn't created to be easy

You don't have to be among Christian single (or not) women to hear one common refrain: "We want to be pursued!"

Today a lot of people would argue that women enjoy their freedom to pursue men if they choose to and make the first move on whoever she likes while some would applaud her for the gutsy behavior.

But the truth is, (Listen MEN!) ladies are meant to be wooed, pursued or won.

According to writer AJ Kiesling, "There’s something very attractive about being pursued with intent." And it's true. There is nothing more mature than a man who knows what he's created for to do and that is, to know clearly his responsibility.

Ladies grow up treated with a little more attention because first and foremost, we are more sensitive. We laugh at the corniest jokes and cry at almost every possible chick flick and dramatic movies. We love being dolled up, made up and being treated like princesses. Tell me a woman who doesn't. I think the big part of what attracts us ladies is that a man actually pursue us and make his interests for us known.

One of our pastors in church once said, "Loving her privately is not enough. You have to tell the whole world about it."

On the otherhand, why do women say guys are hard to read is a better question.

Some guys in this generation enter relationships for a wrong reason. Take note: I said some, not ALL. And because some men (boys, really) don't tell a woman about his past a lot especially those who have already entered a relationship but it didn't work out, some women don't really have an idea about this guy pursuing her. This is one of the reasons why SOME of the ladies make it harder for guys just so they'd know their limits, how long they could wait and still pursue her while waiting for her.

Some men find it hard to wait, too. While this means a lot to women, it sometimes causes a few men to surrender. I understand that men wants one thing clear: that their intentions are understood and/or if the ends would meet. While this remains a question for them, some ladies do not "tell all." Instead, ladies would like to leave a little mystery for guys, which is another thing some guys don't really understand.

And THAT isn't enough to say ladies are hard to read. Just because some ladies are hard to pursue and just because they tend to not really make men feel like their efforts are appreciated means they are hard to read. Remember that the ladies need to be assured that men can wait for them whatever the circumstance would be. Same thing when they're both in a relationship.

As for me, I wouldn't want my special someone to only pursue me when we're already together. But it is a man's job to pursue someone he loves each and everyday. And I would love that.

It takes a real man to know all these. Pursue her. And when you do, "You can’t fake it. You can never fake how much you love her. If she feels you are faking it – you get the opposite result."

No comments:

Post a Comment